Tzatziki with pork tenderloin, red onion and tomato salad
300g of pork tenderloin
100g Greek yoghurt
1 small cucumber
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1tsp of white wine vinegar
tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1tsp of toasted ground cumin
1 small red onion
1 medium red tomato
1tsp of dried oregano
Sea salt and pepper
- Trim any excess fat from the tenderloin and cut it into 1cm thick discs; put to one side.
- Grate the cucumber using the coarse holes on a box grater, sprinkle with some salt and place in a colander to get rid of excess water.
- Finely slice the red onion and tomato and season with olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Leave the salad in a bowl to marinate.
- To make the tzatziki, squeeze the grated cucumber with your palms and transfer to a new bowl. Add the yoghurt, crushed garlic, vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper and let it sit for a while.
- To serve, place a non-stick pan over high heat. Season the pork with the cumin, salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. When the pan is hot add the pork and cook on both sides until lovely and brown. This will not take more than 2-3 minutes in total.
- Spread the tzatziki on a plate and arrange the pork fillets over the top. Sprinkle the tomato and onion salad over this and serve.